These Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies are a yummy breakfast option because its a good excuse to be able to eat cookies for breakfast! It’s also a healthy cookie with whole grains, fruit and a veggie. I found this recipe in the Parents April 2012 magazine.
Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
1 cup white whole-wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. pumpkin-pie spice
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup regular rolled oats
1 cup finely shredded carrots (2 medium)
1/2 cup raisins
6 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
2 Tbs. maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin-pie spice, and salt; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugars, egg, flour mixture, oats, carrots, and raisins.
4. Drop dough by slightly rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake each sheet for 10-12 minutes or until cookies begin to brown. Let stand 1 minute on cookie sheet, then remove and let cool on a wire rack.
5. For filling, in a small bowl mix cream cheese and maple syrup. Spread 1 Tbs. filling on the flat side of half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies to make sandwihces. Wrap and chill up to 3 days.
myhome grocers says
I can only express a word of thanks! Nothing else. Because your topic is nice, you can add knowledge. Thank you very much for sharing this information.