My daughter and I did this fun and inexpensive sparkly explosion activity together, which I found on Preschool Powel Packets‘ site.
Here is what you need:
- baking soda
- food coloring
- glitter (could also experiment with pepper or salt)
- pan to contain the mess
- Place 2-3 Tablespoons baking soda in the bottom of the vase. Place the vase in the pan.
- Add 6-7 drops of food coloring and 1-2 teaspoons of glitter.
- Quickly pour in about 1/2 cup vinegar. Watch for the sparkles!
- When the action is over, repeat the experiment using a different variable like pepper, salt or spaghetti noodles, etc. Have fun experimenting!