This past year I finally upgraded my basic cell phone to a smart phone. I know, I’m a little behind the times, but I couldn’t bring myself to pay more money for a data plan. After doing a lot of research, we finally found a cell phone carrier and data plan that was within the price range we were willing to pay, and that included being able to upgrade my phone to a smart phone. And I will say that I have loved it.
So now that I have a smart phone, I’ve been researching smartphone apps to find more ways to save money on groceries. These grocery apps have eCoupons or pay you money for purchasing groceries such dairy, produce, household items and more. I love saving money with eCoupons and earning money for products that I’m already planning on purchasing. And it’s nice that you don’t even have to hand clip a coupon. I have downloaded and used all of the apps, and the ones I use the most are Ibotta, Checkout51, Snap by Groupon, SavingStar and Savings Catcher. I enjoy sharing money saving tips, so I thought I’d share with you these 10 grocery apps that will save you money.
Ibotta is a smartphone app where you can earn money by purchasing participating products. Ibotta’s product offers range from food and beverages to cleaning products, personal care and more. Here’s how it works:
- Register for an account, then download the Ibotta app to your phone.
- Before you head to the grocery store, unlock Ibotta’s cash back rewards on products by completing simple tasks such as a survey question or watching a short video. The amount of cash back from each product ranges anywhere between $0.25 to $1.00 or more.
- Head to a store on Ibotta’s list such as Walmart, Smith’s, Walgreens, Target and more to purchase the products you’ve unlocked.
- Verify your purchases by scanning the product barcodes, then finish by scanning the barcode on your receipt.
- Within 48 hours, you’ll have the cash deposited into your Ibotta account, and you can cash out via Paypal or an eGift Card once your account reaches $10.
In addition, Ibotta has a Teamwork Bonus, which is a monthly bonus where you and your friends work together to earn more money. Your team will consist of your friends on Ibotta who have connected their Facebook accounts to the app. And the more friends you have on your team, the faster you will earn. Each month, your team will be given a total earnings goal. Once you redeem one rebate and your team reaches the monthly goal, everyone on your team will earn a cash bonus. Join my team here.
By using Ibotta, I’ve received cash back on purchases at the grocery store such as any brand of milk, eggs, bread, produce, cleaning products & more. And it’s nice to earn money on items I am already planning to buy. Plus, you can use coupons at the store in addition to Ibotta’s cash back rewards. Ibotta started out by focusing on groceries, but it now has expanded to retail, restaurants, electronics, home and office, and more.
Checkout51 is similar to Ibotta and is a cash back app that saves you money on your groceries. Every Thursday morning, they have new offers available for only one week, and you need to redeem the offers during this time. By Wednesday night, the offers expire. You can download the Checkout51 app on your smartphone, but it is also possible to do everything on a laptop or desktop. Here’s how to use it:
- Register for an account, then download the Checkout51 app on your phone.
- Browse through the offers before you go shopping, then head to any local store to purchase the items.
- After you purchase the items, take a picture of your entire receipt and submit it to Checkout51 before the offer expires on Wednesday.
- Within 48 hours, your account will be credited for the qualified cash back purchases. Once your account reaches $20, you can request a payment via check.
You can stack these Checkout51 savings with coupons and digital coupons, as well as Ibotta cash back offers.