I love crock pot dinners because they make dinners so nice and easy. This Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken is becoming a new favorite for our family.
- 3-6 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 6 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 4½ teaspoons cold water
- Cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and pepper.
- Place the chicken in a crock pot, and pour the sauce over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Place chicken on a serving platter and keep warm.
- In a sauce pan, pour in the liquid from the crock pot and bring to a boil. Combine the cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl. Then gradually stir it into the liquid, and stir until sauce thickens.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice.
In a bowl, mix the sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and pepper. Place the chicken in a freezer ziploc bag and pour the sauce mixture over it, then seal the bag. Place in the freezer for up to two months.
When ready to use, place the thawed or frozen chicken mixture in the crock pot on low for 4-5 hours. Follow the rest of the instructions above to thicken the sauce with cornstarch.