Around the holidays, it’s a tradition for our family to make this Easy Cheese Ball. The tradition began when I was a little girl, and my family would make these in mass production to give to our neighbors each year. I remember one year we made more than 75 of them to give away because we didn’t want anyone to feel left out if they didn’t get a cheese ball from the Millett family. Even though I don’t make them to give away, I do like to make 1 or 2 during the holidays because it’s really yummy to eat.
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 small jar Kraft Bacon Cheese Spread or Old English Cheese Spread
- 1-2 teaspoons finely grated onion
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- ½ cup chopped parsley (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, Kraft cheese, and onion. (The Kraft Bacon Cheese Spread is the one I prefer if I can find it on the store shelf.)
- Place the mixture in the fridge to chill for 1-2 hours.
- On a plate, place the nuts and parsley. Add the cream cheese mixture to the top and roll it into a ball or log. Serve with your favorite crackers.