I made these Cozy Hand Warmers for my girls and some of my nieces and nephews for Christmas. They were a HUGE success! Apparently, the microwave has been running non-stop for a few days at both of my sister-in-law’s homes. And the kids are looking forward to placing them in their pockets to keep their hands warm when they go to school.
Plus, these hand warmers were very easy to make. It didn’t take too long to make a few of them.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 pieces of 3″x3″ cotton fabric (no blends)
- sewing machine and thread
- uncooked rice
- Pin two pieces of fabric together, wrong side out.
- Use sewing machine to sew around the edges, leaving at least an inch opening.
- Turn square right side out.
- Fill square 3/4 of the way with rice (I used a small funnel).
- Either hand sew or machine stitch the inch opening closed.
To use the hand warmers, place them in the microwave for 25-30 seconds. Let them cool for a minute, then pop them in your pockets before you head out the door.
I found this idea from Swoon Studio.