If you want to make tacos for dinner, these Oven Baked Tacos are a great variation. Plus, it doesn’t take too much longer to make them, and adding beans to the recipe helps stretch the meat so you don’t have to use as much.
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (1 oz.) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 12 hard shell taco shells
- 1½ cups shredded cheese
- In a large pan, brown the beef or turkey. Add in the onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes, then add in the taco seasoning.
- Mix in the black beans and salsa and let the mixture cook for a few minutes until it thickens.
- Place the taco shells in a 9x13 pan and fill them with the beef mixture until all of the taco shells are filled. Sprinkle the tops with cheese.
- Bake for 8 minutes at 400 degrees until the cheese is melted. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, sour cream, and guacamole.
Thanks to Six Sisters’ Stuff for the recipe.