We had leftover beef from a roast dinner we ate last week, so I decided to use the beef to make this Savory Beef Stew. One of the ways to save money on meat is to be creative with the leftover meat. Not only was I able to make another dinner using the leftover beef, but it also created more leftovers.
- ½ lb. - 1 lb. beef, cubed
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 cubes beef bouillon
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- In a large pot, cook the beef in the oil until brown.
- Dissolve the bouillon in 4 cups of hot water, and pour it into the pot.
- Add the rosemary, parsley, pepper, potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the 2 teaspoons cold water. Add it to the stew, then simmer a few more minutes until the stew thickens.
This recipe was adapted from AllRecipes.com